|My "weekend retreat"|
|view from their deck|
|Crew of 8|
The blessing in it?
- I so much appreciate my friends Eva and Tracy who each have more kids than I do. I'm not sure how they do it day in and day out.
- The Princess had
"M" to play with, someone close to her age and loved the girl time.
- My friend "EM" picked up some of the kids for some fun and play time at her house - they made special chocolate chip cookies and decorated them with icing, and had wii tournaments. They were all full of smiles and excitement when they returned. How fun is that!
- We're so thankful that our friends trust us to care for their kids. Each one show unique and special gifts, and it has been a joy to spend time with them. You should see the creative pictures that "J" has drawn and the stories behind them, "M" has the most beautiful smile and giggles - such a sweet little girl, and "S" is smart as a whip - he astounds me! You can tell that their parents love them deeply!
- I'm blessed to learn more about gluten and how it affects people and how creative and smart their momma is in all she does to insure their health and well-being. I'm not sure how she does it, but she is a wonder and sweetheart! I'm amazed at her heart, knowledge, and love for others. A truly beautiful lady from the inside out. She inspires me to dig deeper, love others more, and think unselfishly.
- I'm amazed at the energy and spirit of these kids. How wonderfully their minds work and their parents have done a fantastic job with them.
- My family loves being in the "A" home. It is like an awesome retreat in the woods. You can wander through their home, and never grow tired of seeing the awesome ways they display their kids' art and pictures. Always puts a smile on our faces being with there because creativeness and personal touches ooze from it. Shawn is an accomplished artist, whose art emits a special message and creative touch that blesses so many. He's not afraid to think outside the box and talents overflow!
I confess that I've done none of this on my own, but you already knew that. I would be dumb to take the credit for how smoothly it has gone. It would not have been possible without a group effort and God being in the middle of it all. These kids miss their parents, but they have handled it well, with full credit to their parents and God. It has been a great experience for our family.
Well, I need to get going. We've got a busy day tomorrow as well, and we look forward to seeing how the day will unfold. Looks like I'll have them tomorrow because Shawn has blockages and they're going to do a heart cath in the morning. I know they would appreciate your prayers! I can see the weariness in "S" face, through her beautiful smile, she still finds a lesson from God and how He is working through this. Someday, when I grow up, I want to be more like her.