Friday, December 16, 2011

Oldest turns 19


2 yrs and full of attitude
  Yesterday, we celebrated the birthday of Oldest who turned 19.  I really can't believe time has passed so incredibly fast. I could sit and bemoan all my regrets or "I wish I would haves," I don't have time for that.

We're so blessed by Oldest - who inherited his daddy's good looks, both of our senses of humor, his daddy's laid back personality, my love for critters, his Father's love, and Integrity. There are so many things about him that we love, appreciate, admire, and cherish. Now before you think I need to take off my rosy glasses, I will tell you it has not been without struggles, prayers, and tests. But for now, it's time for say Bravo!!!  I can't believe we made it this far! He was our most trying child, the one who paved the way, pushed the limits, made me shed the most tears, amaze me with love for math and science (he took college algebra, trig, and calculus in high school). He's usually not afraid to try new foods: calamari, kangaroo, alligator, fish eyes (Belize), just to name a few. He dreams of becoming a zoo keeper and working with animals and is pursuing a degree in biology - Animal Science.  
19 yrs.
He's got a part time job, pays for his own gas and vehicle insurance, has this boyish charm that just drives the three little girls I watch crazy with giggles, and goes to college full time.  What really gets my heart is when this big kid (when did he get so tall or grow whiskers?) wraps his arms around this momma and gives a bear hug or just is silly and makes my heart laugh.

Happy Birthday Oldest.  I'm proud of you and I can't wait to see where God leads in the future! 



No comments: