Thursday, January 15, 2009

The blessing of Only

We looked at the stick in disbelief. It showed two lines - pregnant with our second child, Oldest was just 4 months old, they would be 13 months apart. We were stunned. But still yet, we're still stunned - that 15 years has passed so quickly. We never saw it coming. We were so busy with trying to survive, that the 10 lb. baby that we were blessed with, has blossomed into the most beautiful daughter that we could ever dream of. I'm so thankful for her. We're so excited about seeing what God has in store for her, seeing her realize God's full potential in her life, and becoming the woman that God intended. We pray that as she continues to grow, that Only will listen with her heart to the whispers of God, to those gentle pushes, and that she will step out to find her wings. I love her ability to put things together and make it look so pretty, to watch her with little kids, to cook with her in the kitchen, see her dance, hear the sewing machine whirring in her room, hear her laughing at a book she's reading, her music, see the choices that she's making, her gentleness... I love to watch her with Honey and pray that God is preparing not only our hearts to let her go, but the heart, mind, and soul of the young man that will become her husband, if God so chooses. Is Only perfect? No, but neither is her Mom or Dad. I'm including the lyrics of a song that we included in a card to her when she traveled to Australia as an Ambassador for the US a few years ago. Happy Birthday Only! We love you! FIND YOUR WINGS LYRICS by MARK HARRIS It's only for a moment you are mine to hold ,The plans that heaven has for you Will all too soon unfold , So many different prayers I'll pray For all that you might do , But most of all I'll want to know You're walking in the truth , And If I never told you ,I want you to know As I watch you grow. Chorus: I pray that God would fill your heart with dreams And that faith gives you the courage . To dare to do great things I'm here for you whatever this life brings. So let my love give you roots And help you find your wings . May passion be the wind .That leads you through your days And may conviction keep you strong . Guide you on your way May there be many moments. That make your life so sweet Oh, but more than memories. Chorus: It's not living if you don't reach for the sky .I'll have tears as you take off But I'll cheer as you fly .

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Girl! she is NOT fifteen! Wow...

BTW, I love that song, it makes me cry - Daddy and I danced to it on my eighteenth birthday :)

TaggTroop said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!

Lorie said...

Beautiful post and tribute to your beautiful girl. I'm sorry the time has gone by so fast, but I know you have treasured every minute.
Your friend
Lorie

Anonymous said...

What a lovely young daughter.

I wish they didn't grow so fast. :)

Barrett said...

I put the lyrics to this song on my oldest daughter's senior page in her high school yearbook. I have another senior page to do this year for my middle daughter and I cannot find anything that I like better. So I think I will have to use it again