Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Living with a Princess promotes healing


I cannot believe it has almost been a whole year since Princess Izzy (Isabella) came to stay with us each weekday as her parents go out to teach.  We have been blessed beyond words at having her in our home.  I think we have laughed more, baby babbled, taken more pictures, and look forward to the mornings more than we have in years! 
After more than 9 years of being out of the baby stage, we now are baby proofing, tripping over the toys, washing bibs, have dirty diapers in the trash, a car seat occupies the middle back seat, sippy cups, baby spoons, and baby wipes. I have missed the baby stage!

You see, after we had Youngest, we found we couldn't have any more children. It was a struggle to know why, but God had His plans in motion, and since then we have seen how He worked out His plans...


So if you come to my house and see baby toys scattered, wipe container on the couch and if there is an unpleasant odor of the most horrible diaper emitting from the bath trash, please don't think that I'm a horrible housekeeper. Okay, so I don't dust each week, but the trash is emptied each day and I vacuum twice a week. I like to think these are reminders of a beautiful little girl, we call The Princess, that has taken hold of our hearts and been the biggest blessing.  We love seeing the new things she is learning, her sweet silly smile, her little finger wagging "no,no,no", and those sweet hugs.  Sure she gets grumpy, but that is something we can live with.  My kids are learning about babies, making silly faces, waving bye-bye, and loving greatly.  I love hearing her refer to my kids as Bubba and Sissy, teaching her new signs (American Sign language) and everything she sees is CAT, CAT! Just this morning, as her daddy was dropping her off, I enveloped her in a gentle hug and breathed in that sweet baby smell... Ah, yes!  He has turned my mourning into dancing!

Psalms 30:11-12 You did it: you changed wild
lament into whirling dance;
You ripped off my black mourning band
and decked me with wildflowers.
I'm about to burst with song;
I can't keep quiet about you.
God, my God,
I can't thank you enough. (The Message)

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I enjoyed reading yours. The Princess is adorable. You have a great looking family also.

Sorry to hear about the loss of a classmate and wonderful that the eternal home is with our wonderful heavenly Father.

God bless! Looking forward to seeing more from you.

I too am also into photography and some scrapbooking when I get a chance. I am a pretty busy woman too.

Shelly