Sunday, August 26, 2012

Baby scraps

Earlier this year, a sweet momma went through her son's baby outfits (he must be 6-7 yrs old by now) and asked if I might find a new purpose for them. My brain started forming a mental idea and I finally got to make that idea real yesterday. A baby quilt!  What do you think? I'm not sure if she will want the quilt or if I'll hang on to it for some special little boy I've not met yet, but it's been so good to sit down and sew again! 

Honey is pretty sure he doesn't like the blocks are not all the same size. I've not tried one like this before, but change is good and it's fun, challenging, and good to go outside my comfort zone and try something new.  I already have three rows put together, but need to cut a few more "squares" out. Some of the outifts have some significant baby stains/character, but I'm using some of the best ones and the backs of the really stained ones (Honey's idea).

needle and thREADReading:  This week I finished The Half-Stitched Amish Quilting Club by Wanda Brunstetter - it was "brain candy".  It's been on my reading list since it first came out.  I'm taking part in the Inspired to Action Hello Mornings Challenge and began re-reading/working through A Beautiful Offering: Returning God's Love with Your Life by Angela Thomas.

Lynnet

This is my first week joining in with In the Heart of My Home: Needle & Thread.

No comments: