Thursday, July 24, 2008

What I wished for

It was one of those days for me and, during one of the 5 trips I made into Ft. Smith, I actually met myself on the road going the other direction. I think I needed a nap ºÜº. Kids finished up work camp, Connor went to the Dr. about a cough he's had for a few weeks, ended up getting an x-ray (thankfully it came back okay), Buddy got a shave, pedicure, and shampoo. Me??? I didn't get a shampoo, shave, or pedicure... but that is probably more than you wanted to know. A friend and I were talking today - mostly about life in general. In the midst of wondering and conversations I asked her if, back when we were younger, we knew what we were wishing for? I always wanted to be "a really good mom" but did I realize what I was wishing for - and if I knew exactly what I was wishing for, would I wish for what I was wishing for? Yes, but I had no idea how hard it would be or how much it would change me. Do I regret getting what I wished for - no. There are some things that I would change - but that is hindsight. I have a tile sitting in my kitchen window that about sums it up for me:
"I long to accomplish
great and noble tasks,
but it is my chief duty
and joy to accomplish
humble tasks as though
they were great and noble."
Helen Keller

No comments: