Friday, July 25, 2008

Droopy, double dog tired

My right arm and leg had long since gone to sleep under the weight of my slumbering child. My bleary eyes focused on the TV, realizing the decorating show I thought I was watching was long since over. The clock was flashing 1:17 a.m. Nudging Connor awake, I point him towards his room as he slides off my lap. I'm not really sure how my lap is so much more comfortable or if he thought that sitting up with me he would be able to watch some exciting show on TV. Obviously, neither of us found it overstimulating nor did we get any new decorating ideas!

I'm beginning to think I have a malfunction in my timing system. We put up room darkening shades, shut all the doors that would let in any light, and still... 6:30 on the dot each morning. I wish I had a built in snooze button!

This morning was a blur, and I'm so thankful that Work Camp was over and I didn't have to drive the kids into town. Though we let the kids sleep in for a bit, I was ready to crawl into bed by the time they got around at 9 a.m., but alas the dirty dishes in the sink, piles of laundry (must have been those laundry bunnies), school work to do, laundry soap to make, kids to take swimming, and dinner to make. **I secretly think there are a bunch of laundry bunnies in my laundry room that multiply magically when the lights go off.** (Actually there is one bunny in my laundry room that I can find. Haven't found the other one yet!

The Verdict: Laundry bunnies almost won the war, the kids had a great time swimming, I read 3 chapters in the new Sisterchick book, leftovers saved the day, and dishes are gone from the sink, tummies are full, and laughter is drifting from the living room. Better go before I miss out! I think they're eating ice cream~~~

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm intrigued by the homemade soap and I'm going to give it a try if I can find the Zote which I have not heard of either. I'm an Okie... what do you expect? Thanks for sharing and I always look forward to see what you have to share with us next!
Love you much!

Aspiring Mom2three said...

Let me know if you can't find the Zote. I like it better than the Fels. Do I need to send you a sample of the soap? Let me know how you like it... Very curious!

Unknown said...

Zote - around here it is sold EVERYWHERE- even in dollar general stores. (In dollar generals where I've seen it, it's with the latin american stuff...)

Aspiring Mom2three said...

I'm not sure if they have Zote where my cousin lives, but would be willing to send her some. We're so excited about this. I found a recipe for dishwasher detergent the other day and will have to try that when we run out of Cascade!

shawnda said...

So that's what happens??? Laundry bunnies multiply the laundry! I knew it had to be something because I can have the laundry all done and put away and the next morning there's more :) Oh do the bunnies take one sock and hide it? I must find these bunnies. This homemade soap is interesting... I need the recipe so I can try it. Does it get chocolate milk stains out and deep caught in dirt from boys??? Love ya bunches.

Aspiring Mom2three said...

I've found that these bunnies like the little socks the best. I think they use them for their nest! I'm going to have to think of names for the bunnies. Remember the huge spider painted on the laundry room wall? Her name is Charlotte. Shawnda, If you'll look to the left of the post, you'l find the recipe for the homemade laundry soap! If you need to use my food processor, let me know. Don't know if you have one or not. I'd like to challenge you to try the laundry soap and not tell Jonathan. See if he notices a difference.

shawnda said...

I saw the recipe after I posted my comment. I'd love to use your food processor, my blade broke about 6 months ago and I haven't replaced it. Maybe we can come up with a day for me to come over and make a batch or two. I like the cost effectiveness.

Aspiring Mom2three said...

Just give me a call. We're home most of the day. Connor goes to ARCH on Tuesday, so we'll be gone then. A bunch of us ladies are going to see Momma Mia again on Sunday @ 4:15 at VB. Wanna come?