Friday, February 25, 2011

Five Questions Friday - on the lighter side of this week

Whew!  It has been a week!  We added a new little one (I know, I must be touched in the head) but she sure is a sweetie!  When you add all three girls (ages 12, 15, and 24 months) together, you get a lively crew!

I needed something lighthearted tonight after a busy week.  I'm was so tickled Wednesday when I found I was awarded a blog award from inspiringly sweet Glenda. I've really enjoyed getting to know her this last year.

I was visiting Jodi at Green Acres and really enjoyed her edition of  Five Question Friday


1. Can you drive a stick shift?  Yes, Growing up in a rural community, I used to drive an old Ford truck around the oil fields for Jack, an elderly gentleman who had glaucoma.  He always told me I was driving me too fast.  Dirt roads always made it seem you were going faster than you really were. I don't like driving them in hilly places or stopped at the top of a hill with someone else who thinks they need to be on your tail!  I remember once when I was driving it over a hill and the brakes went out - there was a busy intersection at the bottom and I had two other people with me.  Took me a mile to get it stopped! Didn't know I could have downshifted!  

2. What are two foods you just can't eat?  Since I can only pick two, Liver and Okra are right up there with cow tongue and mushrooms.  My mom used to fix liver and onions when I was growing up and I couldn't stand the smell.  The Okra?  I couldn't stand touching it in the garden - very prickly when raw, but slimy yucky when cooked.  Makes me shiver thinking of it!

3. Do you buy Girl Scout Cookies? What is your favorite kind?  I send those cuties to my husband and he always knows exactly what I like - Thin Mints all the way!

4. How do you pamper yourself? I don't do this often, but buying a book and finding time to read is pampering for me.  Honey bought me two massage sessions this last year for Mother's Day/Birthday, but I've not used them yet.  I think going out with girlfriends for Girls Night Out is pampering, relaxing, and fun. 

5. What is your nickname and how did you get it?  I've had a few over the years, but Net is the one that people close to me call me.  It's kinda un-original - the last three letters of my name.

  What about you?  How would you answer these questions?  Leave me a comment, I’d love to hear from you!

post signature This post is linked up with Five Question Friday!   Click on the button at the top of this post to read more responses!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Aw, thanks for the mention, and for stopping by to comment. I knew I owed you a visit too, sometimes, the day just gets away from me, and I don't get to do the blog visiting as much as I'd like. I'm right there with you with the Thin Mints! LOL! I enjoyed reading your responses! I hope you'll join in again this Friday!