Thursday, August 28, 2008

A sprinkle of rain, staving off a downpour...

This week I felt a few sprinkles of the rain I wrote about earlier. I've actually felt the sprinkles and a few downpours since November, but now I need to learn to dance in the rain. Why do I let a little bit of rain pull me down? I actually love those gentle Spring rain showers, it's the torrential downpours that causes me to tremble. As a child, my mother would let us go out into the rain and play. We didn't care how wet we got. We were glad to get out into it. I remember we used to catch the rain in barrell and use it to wash our hair - thinking it would make it softer. I'm not sure if my hair was ever any softer, but Brrrr! Was it ever cold! There are things that I know. With rain, comes renewal, refreshment, and life. Now, mind you, this is not the total scope of my knowledge. But then again, my family may agree. I tend to associate the torrential rains with devestation and defeat, but also determination. The determiniation to rebuild and regrow can be slow. The haunting reminders can be there for years. I could go into long and boring details - let's face it, my life isn't THAT exciting! Tomorrow I'm having surgery for a deviated septum, and while that will be painful, I'm excited about getting the chance to really breathe - to smell the sweet spring rain. Who knows, maybe some of my brain cells will return and I won't seem so ditzy to others. We have some other decisions to make. The pulmonologist said one spot on my lung (mind you I've never smoked) doesn't seem to be cancerous, but they found a place on my hilum on the lung, that they're not sure about. He said we can either just do another CT scan in 3 months or have a consult with a surgeon immediately. To be honest, there are days that I just want to curl up in a ball, hold my children just a little tighter, hug my husband a little longer... So what's a girl to do... PRAY, PRAY, PRAY... and learn to dance. We're holding fast to God's promises... We know that life is not filled with only moutaintop experiences, but after we go through this valley, we are looking for the rainbow after the rain.
James 1:2-5 (New American Standard Bible) 2 Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. 4 And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. 5 But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him.
1 Peter 1:6 In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials,

No comments: