Monday, October 27, 2008

Learning to Dance

"You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy." Psalm 30:11 "There is the life you dream and there is the life you live." Angela Thomas Saturday I attended a ladies conference (When Wallflowers Dance) with special speaker Angela Thomas. She was just excellent when I heard her a few years ago speak on "Do You Think I'm Beautiful". I just about bawled through that one because she had pegged me so well. I was sure she had seen a short video about my life and experiences and written the book for me. It was then I discovered that I was a kingdom girl, like in Cinderella. I was so thankful I wasn't the ugly step-sisters, the tyrannical step-mother, the absent queen, but who I really wanted to be was not the ever seeking, ever wishing, ever trying Kingdom girl. Nope, I wanted to be Cinderella dancing in Prince Charming's arms. She challenged me (okay I wasn't the only one there, but she had a message for me) that in our darkest moments or in our greatest joys, God is there, still treasuring me/us. In short, she said:
  1. Choose God - become a woman of God
  2. Stop the chaos - Stop being what everyone thinks you should be and restore your soul. Give up what takes me away from Him.
  3. Stay connected - to the Body, Show up, Stand up, and be ready.
  4. Restore order - to our home and our physical bodies
  • Keep a clear and pur mind/conscience
  • Have a clean house - she wasn't talking about dusting here. She was talking about protecting our homes from the outside influences and darkness that invade.
  • Redirect my heart - Don't increase in negative thoughts and bitterness.
I saw that I had let myself go - I've been so busy running, doing, trying, organizing, etc. that I forgot I needed dancing lessons to prepare myself to dance with the King. Will I ever be the Proverbs 31 woman. I don't think she exist - at least not in my house, but I'm starting my dancing lessons again and I'm working myself from being a wallflower kingdom girl to a princess, daughter of the King. Not there yet... I'm still on the edge of the crowd with the rest of the Kingdom Girls, but I'm next in line and I'm taking lessons...

No comments: