Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Weekend Away makes my heart race

He stood there grinning and showed me the papers... tickets to Talladega Superspeedway. My first thought was when and who was going to go with him. There are so many guys that would jump at the chance to go with him, so I asked him... "YOU! I want you to go with me!" I could see the honesty in his eyes, but still I gave him 2 weeks and plenty of suggestions - Mike, Les, Jeff, his dad... but still he insisted he wanted me to go. See, this is not the first time he's won tickets to Talladega, but the 4th time since 1995, and I had yet to go with him. Something always kept me here - injury or new baby. Finally it was my turn, and I'm so glad I went. I had never been to Alabama before. We had 4 wonderful days to ourselves! Kids gladly stayed with friends and didn't want us to come home, though Grandma and Grandma were a wee bit tired from keeping Connor for us. I'm not going to bore you with all we did, but here's a hint
the Talladega race
watching the movie Fireproof at 10 p.m. eating at Hardrock Cafe in Memphis time to laugh and talk
staying on McCollough Blvd.
(dear friends with this last name)
getting up at 5 a.m. to go to a NASCAR race
began reading The Shack
trying new places to eat
beautiful sunsets
lots of walking!
Sonic Sweet tea & SoBe Green Tea
being among enemies in a friendly land
(Old Miss and Alabama were playing football this last weekend)
We're so thankful to our dear friends and Dave's parents who took our children without a blink of the eye and gave us much needed time.

No comments: