Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Wild Savior

This is a silly quiz I took this morning on what part of Thanksgiving I am... You Are The Stuffing
You're complicated and complex, yet all your pieces fit together. People miss you if you're gone - but they're not sure why.
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
This morning, I slipped over the the Internet Cafe Devotions where Kristen was talking about "Wild Savior"
Following Christ is a constant learning experience. It never fails to astound me how little I know the deeper in relationship I get with Him! Over and over again He has taught me stagnancy is just not healthy. He desires movement. Growth. Travel. He wants my today to play out a little differently than my yesterday
I believe we often think we know better than Him. Don’t we? I know I do. The deepest struggle I have walking with Christ is the letting go of my independence and the walking in dependence. Each day is a lying down of what I think my life should look like or how I feel my talents would better be spent. It is the thing that I most struggle with and yet it is the thing that most keeps me looking ahead.
I struggle mightily with letting go of the control. I live by a calendar. "If it's not written down, we're not doing it, buying it, thinking of it." I look at my kids and wonder what God has in store for them... what will they do, where will they go, are they getting it, will they marry, who will it be, ... but I guess the really important questions is, will they follow God's leading when He prompts them... Have I followed God's leading in my life? I really can't say that 100% positive, but who am I kidding? Do I really believe with all my heart that I know better what my life needs than God does? If I'm not following God's leading in my life, learning to dance with Him, then how will my kids learn to follow His leading?

1 comment:

Lorie said...

Good post! I think control is a struggle for most mom's...it's hard to comprehend that someone knows better and loves your children more than you, but HE does.