Monday, May 4, 2009

I am what I am

It's not what you achieve, it's what you overcome. That's what defines your career. ~ All mothers are working mothers. ~Author Unknown I don't care how poor a man is; if he has family, he's rich. ~Dan Wilcox and Thad Mumford, M*A*S*H, "Identity Crisis," With what price we pay for the glory of motherhood. ~Isadora Duncan
Last night I was perusing through several college alumni magazines we had received. It was amazing to see how much the universities had grown and what they offer now. But the section that always draws me first is the section that tells about new births and Alumni Notes (what they've been up to). As I was looking through it, I saw that many of my classmates have written books, published articles, are the dean, director, or president of a school or business, have their PhD, missionaries in foreign places, have discovered some astronomical something or other... I was starting to feel really great about myself (if you know what I mean) when Only came in to kiss me goodnight and asked me what I was doing. I showed her what some of my former classmates had accomplished and to my amazement she seemed to brush it off. I then realized that my kids don't care about all those things. For that I'm simply grateful. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have four days of laundry and home school to do with my kids...
Motherhood has a very humanizing effect. Everything gets reduced to essentials. ~Meryl Streep "Mothers are all slightly insane." ~ J.D. Salinger

Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children. ~Charles R. Swindoll, The Strong Family

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs... since the payment is pure love. ~Mildred B. Vermont Housekeeping is like being caught in a revolving door. Author: Marcelene Cox

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just passing through!
Love you!
Your crazy cuz from OK

P.S. To all AspiringMom2three fans, She has a birthday this coming Sunday! What a special day this will be! Not only a special day for her birth but also to celebrate for being a wonderful Mom