Sunday, November 15, 2009

Not Me Monday - the Best Laid Plans

This blog carnival was created by MckMama! everyone should head on over and join in the fun!
  • I certainly didn't plan to sleep in until 7:15 woke up at 3 a.m., finally got up at 6:45 *sigh*
  • Plan a great school day with the kidss It wasn't me that skipped math on Friday so I could work on baking... Not Me... It wasn't me that sent the boys outside for "recess" so I could get ready for GNO. I would NEVER do that!
  • Wasn't me that decided to fix a NEW recipe, Fruit Crostatas, for Girls Night Out and have it completely flop... Nope!
  • Okay It was supposed to look like the picture on the right, but rather it ended up looking like the horrible mess on the left... Plan B - Homemade Guacamole in a rush... It was a bigger hit anyway.
  • Girls Night Out -It wasn't me that left Honey at home with all the kids while I spent the evening with Sisterchicks and had a great time of a great massage chair and therapeutic foot soaking. It wasn't me that had such a relaxing time of time away and some honest sharing... Who would have known that we had so much in common that bonded us even more. That common bond may have not been the prettiest to share, if anything a even a bit startling and raw, but you know, it was good.It's not me that can't wait until next month's GNO!
  • Saturday lunch BBQ with Friends - It wasn't me that was hiding in my friend's kitchen, sampling the smoked chicken, groaning with pleasure because it tasted so incredibly good. Not me! I certainly didn't enjoy watching the Kids playing outside in the leaves, the awesome smoked chicken and ribs, grilled tators, yummies galore... Nope, it won't be me who gained 5 lbs this weekend! It wasn't me that asked Only to write LOVE on my arm in support of "people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury and suicide" and then wish it would not fade..
  • It wasn't me that looked forward to Relaxing evening with Family evening to myself. My kids did not scatter in different directions: Only at play practice all day, oldest spent day roofing with friend's family and then played basketball with the guys. Honey and I did not take Youngest home - so I could graded papers and Honey watched sports!
It wasn't me that told Youngest that I used to build fires as well, when I caught him starting one on the patio - something he learned in Boy Scouts... Not me!!! I would NEVER have done that with my first two! I did NOT tell him that using a magnifying glass even better than matches! I wasn't me that thought Saturday had perfect weather, wishes the fridge wasn't so full of leftovers, or had a great time with friends. It's not me that will cherish getting a hug from Only... *sigh*

3 comments:

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

Stopping by from MckMama's!

I am *not* jealous of your MNO... that sounds like soooo much fun! And I'm sure your friends appreciated homemade guacamole. That stuff is to die for!

~Elizabeth
http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and participating in my community! I hope you come back!!

Flourchild said...

You deserve all the R&R you can get! I love your pictures!