Saturday, September 4, 2010

I won an Award!

Thank you Sandy, at Celebrating Life for passing this awarded on to me!  I'm probably more on the naughty side or ornery side. Things have way too serious around here, so I wanted to post something on the lighter side.

There are 10 questions to answer to go along with this award and sometimes these sorts of things are fun to get to know someone better, so here goes....

1. What is the silliest prank you ever played on someone?
I can't think of where to start first!  In college, I was one of the BEST car decorators (toilet paper, cookies, etc.), and even talked two girlfriends into TPing a good friends car just last year at 10 p.m..  It was their first time, and we had a blast - her Honey is still blaming it on some of her students!  Then there was the time that our good friends asked us to take care of their house while they were gone - we moved their kitchen table to the living room, short-sheeted their bed, saran wrap on the toilets, hid the toilet paper, gerri-rigged fake spiders to fall down when they opened cabinet doors... need I go on? Honey and I made a pact when we got married that we'd not play pranks on each other and we'd stay happily married... sometimes it gets the best of us and we break down...

2. If you could take a trip anywhere out of the country where would you go? Why?  Honey and I would love to visit Australia, because our oldest two went there a few years ago as Student Ambassadors.  We keep talking about eloping and renewing our vows there... After that, it would have to be Ireland.  Honey wants to go to Alaska, yes I know it's part of the US, but I think that is a foreign country in itself!  Way too cold up there!

3. Who plays the most influential role in your life?  At different times in my life, certain people have played very influential roles in my life:
  • I think it goes without saying: God
  • My Grandma Wilson when I was growing up
  • Annette (the Proverbs 31 person in my life)- who showed me what a totally committed marriage and relationship with kids and husband is about
  • My HS journalism teacher - she believed in me and nurtured my love for writing.  
  • Cousin Raine - for her constant encouragement in daily, spiritual, parenting, and marital life. She is a sister of the heart. 
  • Honey - I treasure the time I've had with him.  While he's not perfect, he's perfect for me. He is an excellent Daddy and role model to our children, best friend, and I can't imagine going through life not knowing him.  
  • My children:  They have been there with me, seeing me grow as a mom, make TONS of mistakes, and somehow they still speak to me and love me.  
  • The Ladies:  There is a group of ladies that I feel I can be totally honest, tell them my struggles, victories, prayer request, etc. and I know that when it comes down to it, they would and have been there, we can laugh, cry, pray, be the loudest ones wherever we go, support, and encourage. 

4. Are you ok with your significant other being friends with an ex?  Honey hasn't stayed in contact with people he went to HS with and I'm his college sweetheart. I must say, I wouldn't feel comfortable with it, but I also know his level of communication with others is not stellar. Honey is friends with so many people - he hardly knows a stranger and I expect that from him, because of his work.  He is also very aware of appearances and makes sure those lines are not crossed, being accountable is important. He's a Keeper! On the other hand, I have NO desire to contact the guy I dated before Honey... Why go there?

5. Favorite candle scent?  I don't burn a lot of candles, but I love Adair Ya's long lasting Rejuvenate and Chocolates in Bed. I love going out to her shop and getting to experience the fun of creating great candles.

6. Next movie you're excited about seeing?  We don't go to the movies much, but I'd like to see Toy Story 3, I love re-watching some old B&Ws and some family favorites.  Not much of movie person because you can't talk during it! 

7. You must ban one word from the dictionary and all usage, to be no longer uttered or written. What word do you ban?  Oh, do I have to ban just one?  I'm not even sure where I would start

8. Do you have any relatives in jail?  Not anymore, but you never know. 

9. What crazy fads were popular when you were a teenager?  80's - think big hair, parachute pants, knickers, stirrup pants, can we say mullets?  I'm thinking a lot of things were crazy back then!

10. Have you ever been mentioned in a newspaper or on TV? A few times when I was in elementary and high school, twice on TV after I had the kids, but never for America's Most Wanted.

post signature


I'm supposed to pass this award on to 10 of my blogging friends unless I'm feeling naughty- in that case I can just pass it on to 5.

These ladies are definitely NICE and I'm encouraged each time I visit their part of the country. It's your turn...

1 comment:

Flourchild said...

I just read you passed this along to me..how fun..thank you for thinking of me!
I love that you put down B&W movies..I love watching old movies too. They are much nicer on the ears..and cleaner! I loved learing more about you too!