Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Late night blessings

wildflowers from the Quilt Lady
What a day it was
I will not bore you
with how it went down
 but I had to relax 
the only way I knew how

Fan droning beside me
pulling cool Fall air in,
Out came the machine, 
and the sewing began.

Fabrics were cut
 and a dream began to form
"who is this for?"
a small question was asked
"for me, I believe,
something fun
something warm"

Small squares, rectangles
pink, green, brown,
the quiet whirring 
broke the silence all around

Headlights shone
on the drive bathed in dark
I hesitate and wonder
who dared to come

A beautiful face appears
slowly in the dark of the porch
holding a beautiful yellow bouquet
flowers, fresh from the field

Ah, the Quilt Lady
a smile adorns her face
(yes she would dare
venture out in the night)
and welcome is she,
into my sewing lair
that beautiful smile
and encouraging words
her hug was most needed 
at the end
of a very hard day
    Like cold water to a weary soul,
         So is good news from a distant land.
Proverbs 25:25 (New American Standard Bible)
post signature


How have you been blessed by a thoughtful friend, in the midst of a hard day or week or were you the one who listened with your heart and blessed someone?  I'd love to hear about it!

No comments: