Sunday, January 30, 2011

Catching up and a little ennui

Kernels are popping, butter is melting - a sure sign that it's Sunday evening at our house.  Honey and Only are watching Winter XGames and football.  Yep, Honey has control of the remote.

 Sunday - it's a day I usually do lesson plans in the evening while the kids are at youth group, Honey relaxes by watching some game (this is a fancy way of saying he's taking a nap) or we'll sit and talk.  All weekend I meant to get out my sewing and work on my quilt, but the weather was just beautiful!  So what did I do?  I took some time to catch up on some blogs and friends I've missed reading.

Glenda over at Gg is settling in her new home and received a lovely blog award - she has a rich and wonderful story to share - always encouraging.

My friend Kelly is expecting another miracle

The Momma found a way to find joy in laundry  (she masquerades as the Quilt Lady)

Lorie is celebrating her momma moving closer to her

My friend EM is finding her week a little more calm and answers to questions being answered.


and where did all this lead me?  Blog surfing!  I found this lovely blog that Felicity from Australia, Gifts of serendipity.    She posed a lovely idea of creating a strand of Lustrous Pearls honoring women in our lives:
"They are women we admire, they are women we care about.
They inspire us, they help us reflect on our own lives and give thanks for what we have."
 I loved perusing, being encouraged, and I love her Word of the Week!  Something I learned today that I wanted to share with you.

[n] mental weariness from lack of occupation or interest.
The feeling of being bored by something tedious.
Listlessness, tedium, lassitude, languor.

Do you see where I'm going with this?  Finally a fancy name for The Blahs!  Now if I only knew how to pronounce it!  Well, I'm  must confess that I feel ennui at the thought of heading out into the night for last minute groceries, when I'd rather stay home and watch the Hallmark movie The Lost Valentine...

post signature

4 comments:

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Your header is so cute. What a darling idea for a blog post (can I steal it sometime?) And thanks for the thoughtful link to my blog.

You sound weary and need a little break. I am watching The Lost Valentine right now . . . instead of being at the grocery store I wish you were here. We could watch it together . . .but could you pick up some ice cream while you are there.:)

Fondly,
Glenda

the momma said...

I love your new look!!! Almost makes me want to change mine up a bit. almost...;-)

thanks for coming to my rescue yesterday!!
love you

Mary Bergfeld said...

Lynett, I found you blog by chance but consider it to be a wonderfully happy accident. I loved my visit here and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Lorie said...

Love this post.