Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Easting Frosty


My kids are to the age that I can't easily "Wow" them at meal time,but I keep trying to make them smile.

 Tonight I used:
  • pancake batter
  • cookie cutters
  • cooking spray
  • chocolate chips
  • tongs
To put a smile on your family members face, dig out your cookie cutters, and find some with a nice shape or two.  Remember, you want it big enough to make it worth while to spread some butter on it!

Pour in some batter
  1. You MUST spray the cookie cutter inside with cooking spray or the batter will cook and stick to the cutter.  You'll be left with a huge mess and yucky looking "fun" shape.
  2. Put the cookie cutter in your heated skillet and pour enough batter to cover the bottom part of the cutter. Sometimes I like to add a variety: pour batter in part of it, wait a few seconds for that to set, and pour the rest of the batter in. 
  3. Let it cook until the batter is set.  I use tongs to pull the hot cookie cutter off the batter and flip your pancake over.  The batter should not run when you pull the cutter off.
  4. Take your hot fresh pancake from the skillet, add what ever toppings make you happy!
    Remove the cutter


 Sometimes I like to add a variety:
  • Pour batter in part of it, wait a few seconds for that to set, and pour the rest of the batter in. 
  • add a few chocolate chips, blueberries, sprinkles, etc
    Stacked men

 That's how we ate "Frosty" tonight, what different ways do you try to put a smile on the faces your love at meal time?  I'd love to hear how you do it!


No comments: