Friday, June 29, 2012

My blue-eyed Boy

I remember the first time I held him
When he was twelve days old...
 My finger traced the Deep angry scar on his chest
 his eyelashes swept upward.

Looking deep into those blueberry blue eyes
 I whispered and professed my eternal love

Last night, as he sat in a kitchen chair for his haircut, 
his jokes and goofiness, unique personality came through. 
As I gelled his hair and snapped his picture, 

I looked deep into those blueberry blue eyes, 
I whispered and professed my eternal love 
as tears welled and pooled, 
poised
 waiting for a opportunity to roll.
 I do love this boy, whom is poised on the edge I manhood. 

"I wuv you Mommy!" 
he proclaims
with a goofy grin
"I Like my hair."


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Precious! Oh how he has grown up! The hair cut and hair gelled up makes him look like he is 16 years old and ready to drive.