Friday, June 29, 2012

My blue-eyed Boy

I remember the first time I held him
When he was twelve days old...
 My finger traced the Deep angry scar on his chest
 his eyelashes swept upward.

Looking deep into those blueberry blue eyes
 I whispered and professed my eternal love

Last night, as he sat in a kitchen chair for his haircut, 
his jokes and goofiness, unique personality came through. 
As I gelled his hair and snapped his picture, 

I looked deep into those blueberry blue eyes, 
I whispered and professed my eternal love 
as tears welled and pooled, 
poised
 waiting for a opportunity to roll.
 I do love this boy, whom is poised on the edge I manhood. 

"I wuv you Mommy!" 
he proclaims
with a goofy grin
"I Like my hair."


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Precious! Oh how he has grown up! The hair cut and hair gelled up makes him look like he is 16 years old and ready to drive.

Citrus Heights Auto Locksmith said...

Appreciate this blog posst