Thursday, August 30, 2012

WowButter Review




Have you ever had a food that you like eating, maybe since childhood, but anymore it seems to not agree with you?  For me, it's peanut butter and Cap'n Crunch. 

I don't know when it happened or why, but I just can't do it anymore.  I can really live without both, especially the sugar in Cap'n Crunch, but I really like to put peanut butter in my oatmeal with some wheat germ or sometimes just grab a quick PB sandwich while I'm trying to feed the girls.  Let's not even talk about missing those peanut butter cookies

http://www.soybutter.com/images/labels/creamy/wowbutter_creamy_1_small.png
WowButter
I'm so thankful that our family does not have anyone with severe peanut/nut allergies, but we have friends who do. They told me they use SunButter ( roasted sunflower seeds), but it has not been available locally until just recently and it's a bit pricey for me. A few months ago I found WowButter (made from Soy:  100% Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Gluten Free, Egg Free and Dairy Free) at our local Walmart and had to try it. It's about$3.50-3.85 (locally) for 17.0 oz - like a small jar of PB and since I'm the only one that would be using it, it was worth the try.

I love it.  No adverse reactions, and it taste and looks just like peanut butter. I've not tried baking with it yet, but hope to do that once it cools down a bit.

 Keeping it simple,

No comments: