Thursday, January 3, 2013

Homemade Gifts

Key Fob
Key Fob
I was very excited when I first heard about key fobs on Pinterest, as they would make great gifts for Christmas, birthdays, or simple thank-you type. I really like being able to slip it on my wrist when I walk out of the store and it is much easier to find my keys in my purse.





"shopping" for tools
Found the hardware on Etsy, but I really didn't want to order a special tool to secure them. Honey has so many tools and gadgets in the garage, I hoped he would have something I could steal use. I was delighted to find these welding pliers in his tool chest and, eh hmm, "borrowed" them. Honey was kind enough to clean them up, replaced the broken spring, and they were perfect! I love saving money! 

Honey's clean up job





Only's was my first trial, and they were so simple to make that they were what I have made as Christmas gifts this year. I used my embroidery machine to personalize most of them with names on the ribbon or fabric before attaching them to the webbing and then assembling them. Using this tutorial I found on Pinterest, they were a cinch to make!


Only's Key Fob



Looking at the picture of my fob makes me realize I have WAY too many keys!  What colors or style would you imagine keeping your keys company?  I'd love to hear your ideas!






No comments: