Sunday, February 10, 2013

On a Whim Wedding quilt

Shhh, Don't tell... I've started on a wedding quilt for my nephew and his bride to be for their May 2013 wedding! When My sister-in-Love first started inquiring about colors, she said they lean toward more richer colors. Took me close to two hours to pull this fabric together, but I think this works. 
It's called "On a Whim" by Camille at Thimble Blossoms, which seems to fit them just right. http://www.flickriver.com/photos/14101877@N02/7020108781/
:"On a Whim" by goneaussiequilting



What do you think? I've never done one like this before, but I'm excited.I'm trying to cut the fabric for two separate blocks at a time, and then sew one specific part of the block (like the upper corners with the purple triangle, and print block).  Sure makes things go much more quickly! 

Tweleve blocks done, eight left to go!







Honey and Youngest will be gone this Saturday for a Boy Scout even, Oldest is working, and Only will be babysitting.  Home Alone!!!  Yes, I plan on sewing so much more! I'm still not sure how I'm going to quilt this massive thing, but I sure the inspiration will come just in time.






No comments: