Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Wishy Weeds

I have long joked about our yard - the only thing we grow are weeds.  It's really not a joke.  That's what we grow, but I'm thankful they at least give the illusion of a grass filled yard.  Several times we have played around with the idea of using a weed killer and planting grass, but we didn't want to deal with a totally dirt yard.

Youngest at age two
One thing we do grow well are dandelions.  You would think we grow them professionally, but we actually have to credit God for that. 

One of the fondest memories I have of my children, is them attempting to blow the seeds from a dandelion that has gone to seed.  It is a simple childhood joy.  "Make a wish and blow!"

I love that wonder and joy, and decided to make a pillow after seeing one of my little charges do just that a few weeks ago.  It's his favorite thing to do when we go outside.  To watch him blow and then run like crazy chasing the seeds as they float merrily away in the wind. 
Using my embroidery machine with the dandelion design from Urban Threads, Honey Bee font from Designs by Juju, and Vintage Handwriting from Rivermill Designs, I was able to pull the on from my brain make it appear on cloth.  Simple invisible zipper on the back makes inserting the pillow form easier.  


So if you stop by my house, feel free topics a dandelion, make a wish, and become like a child again...  We need more wishy weeds...  It's all a matter of perspective. 

No comments: