It was so heavy that we had to put it on a small furniture dolly we have, so I could move it around. Some of the gems we discovered was a piece on the back that would extend out an additional 27" if it had the piece attached. We thought it would fit just right into our kitchen style and the spot we needed it to go. Turns out it was worth over $1,000, but we got it for free! I love a great bargain!
First thing was adding knobs so I could access the draws as I started on the make-over. I started with a coat of regular teal wall paint to match our kitchen cabinets, added a little burnt umber to antique, and finished with some white to transform it to it's new version.
The top was a bit more tricky as it was glossy. A little sandpaper to rough it up did the trick and painted it white. Honey liked the natural wood look for the top at first, but he eventually, he concluded, the painted version was great. i added a little burnt umber to highlight and add details to the top, and now it looks like it's always been distressed.
|My adorable new helper|
|I must have missed a spot|
|The final version|
We decided it was time to move some pieces around to make everything look better and give us more space, and we were very pleased with the final look.