Wednesday, January 23, 2019

For Ava Maria - a little quilt

A close friend's daughter,  who was close friend's with Only in highschool, was expecting her first little one, last Fall (she is a year old now), and I wanted to make a  little quilt for her.  

I needed it to be fast and quick, but wanted to make sure it was unique for them.  Building on her love of Classic Pooh, I tried to go with basic water colors, and it took on a mind of it's own.  I certainly was not in love with it when I started, and the back of the quilt soon became the front. 
The front of the quilt
Back

I was able to make the applique flowers on the embroidery machine and applique them on the quilt, which saved me a little time.



I love adding some details - adjectives and a Bible verse on this one, finishing up with FMQ, free motion quilting.






Little Ava Marie
In the end, I loved the quilt and almost hated to give it up, but Needless to say, she and her husband loved the quilt! Each month, they took a picture of Ava on her quilt, next to her sweet rabbit. 










Until next time!

Lynnet

No comments: