Sunday, February 13, 2011

Recaping the week

Was it us, or has this been a busy and chilly week? 
 
  •  Snow: You would think that the previous week's inch or two of ice would have been plenty but NO! We got a whopping 6", which is very slight compared to those around us who got 12-24"  It shut down school from Wed - Friday.  They say we're supposed to have temps close to 65-70º this coming week!  No wonder there have been so many people sick.
"J"'s Daddy in the hospital
  
  • Visitors:  We had three young visitors (ages 3,5,8)staying with us while their daddy was in the hospital.  They certainly kept us hopping!
  • Taxes:  I don't know how you do you taxes, but we do our own using Turbo Tax.  Honey and I certainly disagree on appropriate filing systems.  He likes to throw everything in a shoe box and I like to put everything in a specific file folder in the file cabinet. 
  • I started reading One Thousand Gifts.  I'm finding I need to take it nice and slow with this one, taking plenty of notes.   
  • Sewing:  I find a little time today to work a little more on my Blissful Confection quilt by putting the first border on it.  Just one final border to go and then I can start putting it together and quilting it.  Need to get it done before winter is over!  
  • Honey and I had a early Valentine's dinner on Friday at Cheddars. 
 
This week, I enjoyed some blog reading:
  • Holly talked about Grace in the midst of failure
  • Megan at Simply Thrifty posted how to extend the life of your dishwasher
  • Mr. Watkins has fantastic links for science helps
  • The Momma had me grabbing for my tissues when she wrote about her son's giving heart at Find Joy in the Little Things
  • Alexis at Tales from the Back Acher: Losing the "sparkly" in her life and the blahs. 
  • Sandy from Celebrating Life just found out she has Rheumatoid Arthritis. What was incredibly touching was her Honey's response.  

Have you had some snow days this last week?  How did you use your time? Did you catch up on reading of a book, some blog posts, or time with your family?   I'd love to hear about it.
post signature

1 comment:

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Oh my, Lynnet, I just started Ann Voskamp's book, too. It has taken me 3 long sessions to get through chapter 2. Did you know she is talking about each chapter on (in)courage? Let me know if you need the link.

I think this is going to be life changing stuff. I want to be rich right now and buy a copy for everyone I know.

I would love to know how you are processing it and what you think.

Fondly,
Glenda