Monday, July 14, 2008

Letting go of my heart of stone

Ezekiel 36:26 & Ezekiel 11:19
"Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.
James 1:19-20 (19)This you know, my beloved brethren But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; (20)for the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God.
I don't know why I can't just let something go, especially when it is something that irritates or inconviences me. Why do I hold on to it with a tight fist, like a child with a piece of candy or prized toy? I guess it really doesn't matter what I believe caused my heart to turn to stone, but really what the issue is that it HAS turned to stone. What I cry out for is a heart of love, tender and open. I yearn for the walls to crash down as they did in Jericho thousands of years ago, with the scarlet thread of my heart hanging there, begging for the heart of stone to be taken away. Lord, let my heart of stone be broken be removed and renew my heart. Take my ugliness and make me beautiful again in Your sight.
Ephesians 4:31-32 31Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. 32Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.

No comments: