Thursday, December 9, 2010

Izzy's Sparkling Gemstone Quilt

 Someone just turned two!!!  
What am I to do?
Make a Princess sized quilt, of course! 

Searching high and low
fabric with just the right pizazz
pile of inspiration
 Finally found some Izzy-like fabric 
 and I mulled over a pattern
there are so many wonderful ones out there

Through the Blogger's Quilt Festival
and the wonderful ladies there
I found a pattern that caught my eye

Layer Cake, Jelly Roll & Charm Quilts
The Sparkling Gemstone!


strips become blocks
and blocks became a quilt
colorful mosaic pathway

Keeping the quilt a secret was hard,
but getting Izzy's hand and footprints
was messy and fun
"Yucky mess" she says.


Thanks to the Quilt Lady
who took on the quilting
I was able to finish
hand sewing the binding
(as QL predicted)
on the way to the party...
*Can you hear the White Rabbit now?
"I'm late, I'm late for a very important date!"


Hidden word in the quilt describe The Princess
"Izzy, Sassy, blessed, Princess, Spunky"


Center flower
From the backside things are more clear

A toddler sized quilt




Lovely Sleeping Princess
taken by her sweet momma
The colors in the pictures are not that great, but it's winter and slightly blah outside. It was below freezing when I took these pictures!  Have you ever done something in secret for someone else or finished a project on the way to when you needed to turn it in?  Please tell me I'm not alone on this one!

post signature

1 comment:

Kristi McInerney said...

Wow, you are an awesome mommy to make such a fun quilt!!!! I love it!