We've had two sweet little little girls, The Princess and "H", were diagnosed with RSV as well and we can't figure out where they picked it up from. Both have had meds to help with the coughing, of which they act like crazy little happy monkeys after taking it. I feel so bad for them.
Did you know it is entirely possible to go through an ENTIRE roll of Charmin Jumbo roll TP in one day just by blowing one's nose? Yep, it's been one of those kind of colds!
On the 9th, I started reading One Thousand Gifts by Voskamp, and I've slowly, paragraph by paragraph, page by page, made it to chapter 4 writing down thoughts and scripture. It is slowly teaching and revealing to me that inside each event, person, thing, experience... to look for the blessing - even if it's not always easy. I'm not great at this, but I'm learning. It has made me think differently about Jesus during the Passover Feast with his apostles in Luke 22:19. Which lead me to Philippians 4:11-12 and Ephesians 5:20. I'm up to #17 on my own list.
This coming Tuesday, I will welcome the third sweet little girl(15 months old) to our crew, whom I will be caring for during the day. There will be many adjustments for all.
Many of you know that we have a German Shepard who is terrified of storms, loud noises, hates riding in the truck,and gets terribly anxious when I leave the house. I was so excited when friends of ours told us about a "Thunder shirt" that they got their dog in dealing with anxieties and acceptance. They said they thought of us when they were talking with their pet therapist about it (I know, I'm in the wrong profession), so I did some research. Could this be the solution that helps our Lady to feel less anxious? Next week I'm going to see about getting her one of these - I've had enough of sleeping on the couch with her!
Here are posts that really touched me as I visited them.
- Pickie Palate posted about the most sinful looking Brownie Stuffed Chocolate Chip cookies. Just the name makes me melt! You should see these beauties!
- TracyLou at Where a Second Glance made a great business card holder - She's one creative and gifted lady.
- Glenda blessed with by allowing us a glimpse in the studio of talented Drenda Duff
- Lisa really blessed and challenged me in writing Your Life is NOT about you! Being on the worship team (I play the flute), sometimes one may lose focus, distracted by technical malfunctions, or a song set in a strange key that only guitars like, but that's not why I'm really there. It's all about Him.
- Lorie at Thinking Out Loud, in grief about the sudden death their pastor LAST NIGHT. I cannot imagine the grief of their congregation, family, or the people that he touched. Can you join us in praying for that congregation, his family, and community?
"When life takes an unexpected turn what do we do?
We turn to God..." Bishop from First United Methodist
"Grief is the Price we pay for love" CS Lewis
"This is the stuff that drives me crazy
This is the stuff that's getting to me lately
In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff that gets under my skin
But I gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing
It might not be what I would choose
But this is the stuff You use"