Friday, January 25, 2013

Road Trip


I'm very excited for today.  First of all, it's Friday.  How much better can it be and added to that, there is literally NOTHING on the family calendar!  It's a simple regular work day for us, but as soon as all the girls leave and Only is done with school, we hitting the road!  Oh, it's not a huge,  spectacular, going to an event" kind of weekend, but rather going to a place we love.  Actually, we're going to see my cousin Raine.

Ever since I was little, I have loved her.  We were playmates, wrote letters to each other (using actual postage stamps and everything), roomed in the same college dorm, she has been my encourager, and I have been blessed to be her cousin, but also her friend. My family knows I refer to her as The Favorite.

Some of this trip has happened because I need to get away, I need to check on my mother who lives close by, and I realize that I don't have as much time to spend with Only with the changes coming in the next few years, as she is in college.  I'm not exactly sure what is going to happen on this trip, and some of it I am anxious about, but mostly I'm looking forward to it greatly!

1 comment:

Raine said...

I was blessed to have the company of Only & my Favorite Cousin with me over the weekend! Not enough hours in the day to catch up! I'm afraid I kept them up too late Friday night since we didn't lay our heads down till 3:00 AM and then I forced her up & out the door by 11:00 am for a suprise. I hope she thinks it was all worth it. Next time she comes for a visit, I promise we will act our age and go to bed before midnight. I say maybe we need a three day weekend until we get caught up!